Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Relay Race Is Key as Cadets Swim Varsity

By Andrew E. Norman

Coach Hal Ulen will take to West Point this afternoon about the same squad that whipped the Pennsylvania swimmers last Saturday. The varsity will meet Army tomorrow night in its first real test of the season.

About the only major change in the lineup will be in the 400-yard freestyle relay, where Army boasts phenomenal strength.

Last year Army had only a three-point lead going into the final seven-point race. They won by about three inches. It is more than likely that the relay will decide this year's meet too.

Fox is Anchor Man

The only certain members of the relay team are Bob Berke and Captain Joe Fox, the anchor man. The other two positions will be filled by Bob Stroud or Mort Hull and Dave Stone or Lowell Sachnoff.

Army's greatest strength lies in the freestyle department, headed by sprinter Jim Smiley and distance swimmer Jack Craigie. Danny Rogers is a top-notch diver.

The probable Harvard lineup:

300-yard medley relay: Steinhart, Graham, Sachnoff; 220-yard free, Berke, Kinney; 50-yard free: Fox, Stroud; Dive: Briggs, Weir; 100-yard free; Fox, Berke; 150-yard back: Steinhart, Woods; 200-yard breast: Vielman, Wheeler; 440-yard free: Tolf, Kinney; 400-yard free relay: Berke, Stroud or Hull, Stone or Sachnoff, Fox.