Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Son Gets $1, Hopes Harvard Cures Sniffles with $500,000

George C. Bacon, whose father willed him $1 and Harvard $500,000, said yesterday that he would not contest his father's testament.

The will, filed last Monday, left $500,000 to the University to establish a professorship for research on the common cold. The late Paul V. Bacon '98 also left money to all the employees of his firm, but only $1 to his son.

"Father was furious when I ran away from home to live in England," Bacon said. "And he never forgave me when I married against his wishes and stayed in Britain after the war.

Suffers Annual Cold

"I am not bitter about the will and I certainly was not surprised," he added. He said he hoped the bequest to the University would help him get rid of his annual cold.

"But I'm coming to America soon," Bacon said. "I want to find out why my father, who was always a healthy person, left his money to this cold business."

"This is merely to satisfy my curiosity about my father's will, not to contest it," Bacon added