ICO Honor Felix in Name Day Feast

Felix Caragianes, owner of the Massachusetts Avenue magazine and shoe repair emporium which bears his first name, threw open the doors of his home Sunday night, and half of Cambridge entered.

Felix was celebrating his "name day," St. Felix Day, which actually was Friday, but which Felix was observing on Sunday, according to the traditions of the Greek Orthodox Church.

Zenbeikiko

Despite a persistent rain and unmanageable streets, over 100 persons came to Felix's Garfield Street residence to help eat four roast turkeys, six legs of lamb, to deplete a copious liquor supply, and to dance the zenbeikiko, a dance of ancient Greece.

Among Felix's guests were:

Seven Nieman fellows and their wives and children. (One of the Nieman families is Felix's tenant.)

Four Harvard Faculty members.

Louis M. Lyons, Curator of the Nieman Foundation, and William M. Princeton, director of the University News Office.

Father Theodore P. Theodorides, M.A. '29, priest of the Greek Orthodox Church of Cambridge.

The Greek Consul for New England, Constantine A. Triantaphyllakes.

President and Mrs. Conant sent a note to the party, regretting that they couldn't be there. But President Conant received a toast anyhow, from Raphael Demos Alfred Professor of Philosophy, who has known six since the 61-year-old proprietor first set up shop in the Square 35 years ago.

After the President was honored, the guests clinked their glasses for Felix, who was tossed as "The President of Harvard Square."