Midnight Petition May Go to Council

Petitions calling for an extension of parietal deadlines to 12 midnight every Saturday have collected over 1,000 signatures and the issue may come before the Student Council tonight, Leonard J. Friedman '51, co-chairman of the petition drive, announced last night.

Friedman and John Goldstone '51, the other chairman, set 1,000 signatures as the minimum necessary for them to take action on the issue.

They expect to present all the petitions to the seven Housemasters before Wednesday, when the masters will meet to take up another parietal rule issue raised by the House Committee chairmen last week.

Only Two Weekends

The motion passed by the House leaders asks only for extensions of the deadline on the Dartmouth and Yale weekends.

Henry M. Silveira, Jr. '51, president of the Student Council, said yesterday that if Friedman and Goldstone decide to bring their petition before the council at its meeting tonight, it may get on the agenda.

The council did not act on the Dartmouth and Yale weekend issue, on the ground that it was a House matter and not within the council's jurisdiction.