Bingham Talk Scheduled for Friday's Rally

Group to Introduce Fancy Indian Stunts

William J. Bingham '16, director of athletics, will speak at Friday's rally for the first time in five years.

The 7 p.m. cheeriest aims to "bring the team out of its slump,' head cheerleader Roger L. Butler '51 announced last night. Coach Lloyd Jordan, Captain Phil Isenberg, Carroll Lowenstein, and Dike Hyde will also speak. The band will be there, too, according to manager Paul A. Lucey '51.

Butler meets today with representatives of the Crimson Roy, the Band, the CRIMSON, and football manager Charles J. Keever '51, to get ideas for new stunts.

One of the main points they will discuss in whether to march to Dillon Field House or to the traditional Indoor Athletic Building. "If we hold it at Dillon," Butler said, "there is a chance for a big bonfire and more space, since this rally will probably be the biggest this year except for the Yale rally."

Two New Yells

The cheerleaders plan to introduce two new yells, a revival of the old sky-rocket cheer and a special "Crimson" cheer. They also will split up for a mock Harvard and Dartmouth Indian battle, either at the rally or before the game.

Butler suggested that some Dartmouth players may be burned in effigy. But he said that the University police will not permit torch-carrying because of the fire hazard to buildings.

Dean Watson has already approved a Yale rally on the stops of Widener Library.