Army, Navy, Air Force Still Offer Commissions to Some

If you are 20 to 26 1.2 years of age, healthy, single, and have two years of college education under your cap, you can become an officer in the Army Air Force under its now training program.

The corps, in an effort to increase the number of pilots and navigators on active duty, is offering to give second lieutenant rank and pay to qualified men after a year of training. During the training, they will be staff sergeants and receive $150 per month. A second lieutenant's pay is $415.75.

Finish School First

A junior or senior may apply now, finish this year at school, and begin training in the spring. However, at the end of the year, he must serve a minimum of three years in active service.

There are also the usual openings in the Regular Army for college students. The same qualifications, with the exception that a man may be married, are necessary. By applying now, a student may complete his current year and enter directly into Officers Candidate School. If notice of draft in received before he enters, though, he must go into the service and apply for O.C.S. from there. There is a good chance, if he was a junior or higher when drafted, that he will be accepted.

Navy Only Takes Graduates

The Navy can offer officer training only to those who have graduated from college. If he has not yet received a draft notice, however, chances are that he will not be able to pas the stringent physical requirements.

Women interested in the WAC can enter under the same program a potential Army officers.

An office has been set up at M.I.T. in building 1, room 287, to answer questions and test and receive applicants for the special Air Force program. Information may be obtained about the Army and WAC and applications submitted at the recruiting station at 55 Tremont Street, Boston. The Naval office is located in the Boston Post office building at Milk and Federal Streets, Boston.

Finish School Year First

A junior or senior may apply now, finish this year at school, and begin training in the spring. However, at the end of the year, he must serve a minimum of three year in active service.

The Air R.O.T.C. also offers a program of training which entitles the student to officer status after four yours of college training. This program, however, does not offer flight training, buy turns cut administrative officers.

The address of the Air R.O.T.C. is 60 Boylston Street, Cambridge.