Minority Survey Is Getting Replies

Some questionnaires have already been returned in the survey which Jackson Toby, research associate in the Laboratory of Social Relations, is conducting among Jewish students in the University.

Toby is using a 26-question poll to survey minority feelings. "This is not a study of prejudice," he said last night "but rather a study of the results of a lack of prejudice."

There is no connection between the present study and Social Relations investigation of prejudice that have been carried on in the past. These latter usually employed an intensive interviewing technique, rather than questionnaires.

A certain amount of interviewing will be done in the present study, however to supplement the results obtained from the questionnaires, which were sent to the sample of 200. Jewish students here Jewish students were picked because they were the most available group; the findings of the survey are intended to her applicable to all minorities.

It will be about a month before any definite results will be known. The findings of this "pilot investigation" will then be used in formulating more exhaustive studies of the feelings of minority groups in colleges and elsewhere.