The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Clasby, Freshman Football Captain, Fractures Finger

Dick Clasby, tailback and captain of the freshman football team, may not play again for the rest of the season, it was revealed yesterday.

Clasby broke the middle finger of his right hand in the third quarter of the Brown game-Saturday, and though he was able to continue playing, a careful examination yesterday disclosed the full extent of the break. The finger is now in a cast, and will probably remain so for three weeks, with the chance that Clasby may be able to play in the Yale game two weeks from now.

The digit was broken when Clasby grabbed the nose-guard of a Brown back. His hand caught in the frame and the bone fractured. The injury was not apparent from the stands; Clasby passed with great effectiveness throughout the whole fourth quarter. He completed seven of ten passes for 85 yards and one touchdown. In addition, he ran for a touchdown himself.

Clasby will continue to work out with the team, although the cast prohibits any accurate passing. X-ray pictures taken just before the Yale game will determine whether the bone has knitted sufficiently to allow him to play.