'March of Time' Starts Shooting For University Movie Tomorrow

March of Time cameramen will start filming a documentary movie of the College tomorrow with scenes of the Band in action on Soldiers Field.

Peter E. Pratt '40, secretary of the Alumni Association and chairman of the Film Committee appointed last month by Provost Buck, said yesterday that the cameramen will be filming scenes around the College from now until June. Monday they will begin taking general background pictures of the College, including shots of Widener and Lament Libraries.

No Commercial Release

The Film Committee met last night to list scenes of the College life that they want the film to contain. This list went to the March of Time offices in New York. Band manager Paul A. Lucey '51 will meet with the director of the four-man shooting crew tomorrow morning in order to plan Band shots.

As yet, the committee has not fully agreed on a theme for the movie, although the film will probably stress the College as "an adult world, free of coercion, and full of resources and opportunity." It has been decided that the film should "show the College in its true perspective without any propagandizing."

March of Time is filming the movie for distribution to stimulate admissions in schools and to give alumni an up-to-date picture of the College. No plans have been made so far to show the movie commercially.