O'Donnell Is Back In '54 Backfield

Warren O'Donnell, hard-running fullback on the freshman football team, will be able to play against Yale Friday, medical reports indicated yesterday.

O'Donnell was injured during the Holy Cross game Saturday, and it was feared at first that he might be out for the rest of the season. But he ran with the freshmen yesterday, and Coach Henry Lamar said he expected to use him Friday.

Lamar called yesterday's hard contact scrimmage one of the best of the year, and said he was pleased with the team's spirit. He plans no major lineup changes against the Elis, although John Culver may start instead of O'Donnell.

If Culver opens at fullback, quarterback Tony Caimi will call signals. Prior to his injury, O'Donnell had directed the freshman attack. Caimi took over when O'Donnell was hurt and did a good job.

Aside from O'Donnell, the Yardlings will be in good physical shape. Guard Bob Picard also received an injury against Holy Cross, but Lamar expects him to be set by Friday.

The workout today featured hard scrimmaging, with the "B" line pitted against first the "A" line, then the "C" forward wall.