Housemasters Weigh Plan For Parties Until Midnight

Housemasters are weighing a plan to permit parties until midnight in student rooms when three or more couples are present, the CRIMSON learned last night.

The proposal was made last week by the Leverett House Committee and has the backing of at least one Housemaster. This master "likes the idea very much," according to committeeman Gerry P. Gallo '51.

Leverett's plan was somewhat indefinite and was made as a suggestion to the seven masters. It was passed unanimously by the House Committee.

The plan would extend permission until midnight when at least three couples are present in one rom for a party. Single couples would have to obey the regular hours. The program would require students to sign up ahead of time for their parties.

Did Not Specify Days

The Leverett plan did not specify whether its late rules should apply on Saturdays, Fridays and Saturdays, or just big weekends. This was left to the decision of the masters.

Gallo said last night that Dartmouth extends party permission until midnight on its Winter Carnival weekend. Committee member William V. H. Mason '51 added "We're not trying to browbeat the Housemasters or fight with them. The masters are on our side. We're just trying to work with them and figure out a sensible solution."

A masters' committee is now working on student entertainment problems and may decide soon on Leverett's proposal.

This is the latest in a series of student moves to case parietal rules.