Eliot Takes Lead In Blood Pledges

In the next to last night of blood solicitation yesterday, Eliot passed the other Houses in donor pledges with 107. Dunster followed with 89.

Total number of pledges after two days is 780. But Carl M. Sapers '53, drive publicity director, warned against over-optimism that the College would pass last spring's 541-pint all-time record. "There were 1100 pledges at the end of the last drive," he said. "But for medical and other reasons, all these did not contribute."

The totals for the other Houses and the Yard are: Adams, 70 pledges; Leverett, 73; Lowell, 80; Kirkland, 86; Winthrop, 85; Yard, 190.

The American Red Cross last night broadcast a special appeal over the radio for blood contributions because of the new Korean crisis.

General Daniel Needham, Director of the Massachusetts Red Cross Blood Program, announced yesterday that the state would double its daily quota of 600 pints. At least 230 pints, he stated, must be shipped daily to the west coast for Korean causalities, and the remainder will go to veterans' hospitals.