150 Pound Crews Pay Coach Honor

The 150 pound crews Henry II. Haines Thursday night with the presentation of a trophy hearing his name. The trophy, gift of last year's freshman, junior varsity, and varsity 150 pounders, is to be awarded annually "to that oarsman who best exemplifies the ideal spirit of one hundred and fifty pound crow."

With the presentation of the trophy will be a ministure replica of the original given each year to the winner. The original, with the name of each recipient ongraved on it, will be kept permanently at Newell Boathouse.

Haines, in accepting the honor of the trophy bearing his name thanked those "who have through the years given their youth to my well-being."

Present at the Hotel Commander banquet were members of all 150 pound crows, William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, Thomas D. Bolles, varsity crow coach, and Harvey M. Love, freshman crew coach.

William J. Chadwick 51, last year's varsity captain, was master of coremonies, introducing guest speakers Bingham and Bolles. Bolles paid tribute to "the Dean of American Rowing," citing Haines' wisdom and inspiration in the annals of Harvard rowing.