Eliot Plays Important Lowell Game

Both Teams Will Enter Contest Undefeated; Winthrop Meets Kirkland This Afternoon

Today's game between unbeaten Eliot and undefeated but once-tied Lowell should decide, according to statistics of past years, the winner of the House championship.

Eliot, with a record of five wins, is favored to defeat Lowell, which has four triumphs and one scoreless tie. In previous years, the victor in the battle between the teams standing one-two near the end of the season has almost always been the one that captures the House championship.

Eliot has swamped most of its opponents by lop-sided scores. The most recent was a 26 to 7 drubbing of the Deacons. Earlier in the season, backfield stars like Riley Gilbert, Roger Pugh, and passer Charles Cabot led the Elephants to a 33 to 0 victory over Adams.

Defeated Adams

Lowell, outside of its initial scoreless deadlock with Dunster, has also had a high-scoring season. The win-less Gold Coasters, after their defeat by the Elephants, succumbed to the Bellboys, 25 to 0.

Lowell will run from the T today. With an accurate passer in Bob Lown and a good pass receiver in right end Ian Cadenhead, the Bellboys should be able to hold their own against the powerful Elephants. In today's other game at Soldiers Field, Leverett, with two wins, two losses, and one tie, will battle Winthrop, which has a record of three wins and two losses.

In its five games, the Bellboys have given up only one touchdown, when it beat Winthrop, 12 to 7. Eliot has allowed two to be scored against them.