Skaters Favored To Beat Jumbos In Game Tonight

Cooney Weiland's varsity skaters will seek--and probably get--their second victory of the season tonight when they meet Tufts at 7 p.m. in the Garden.

This is only the Jumbo's second year of organized hockey, and last year they hardly gave the Crimson a fight in bowing, 9 to 2. But this season Tufts may be better, since the Medford skaters have been practicing almost daily in Lynn and ten days ago trimmed M.I.T., 6 to 1, in their opener.

Tonight Weiland, still shopping for a permanent lineup, will try Brad Richardson at goal in place of Nate Corning. Corning played during Tuesday's 14 to 2 trouncing of the Engineers in Harvard's first contest.

Jim Wycoff will dress for defense duty instead of Duke Sodgwick, but elsewhere the Crimson lineup will be the same as last week against M.I.T.

The Garden yesterday switched Friday's Harvard-B.U. game from 9 p.m. to 4 p.m., because of an amateur hockey program now scheduled for that evening. Probable starting lineups: HARVARD    TUFTS Richardson  g  (co.C)Hansen Burke  ld  Davis Carman  rd  (co.C) Gerbis Preston (C)  lw  Kenney Kittredge  c  Merrow Marshall  rw  Dowb