Happy-Go-Lucky

THE MAIL

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

It was surprising to find a national advertiser of some repute presenting a misrepresentation in the CRIMSON of Wednesday, November 28.

I refer to the Lucky Strike ad containing a jingle attributed to "K. G. Inglold, Harvard University." This is a misrepresentation, since there is no Ingold among the student body or the faculty or the employees of Harvard University.

If such an Ingold had been a student the ad would have been a violation of a longstanding University rule. I refer to "Regulations for Students in Harvard College, 1950-51," which states on Page Nine: "No student shall be connected with any advertising medium or unrecognized publication which makes use of the name of Harvard or implies without permission of the University, through its title or otherwise, a connection with the University." William M. Pinkerton   Director, News Office

The only misrepresentation was made by Lucky Strike's typesetters: "K. G. Ingold" exists. He is actually Kurt Gingold 1G, Conant Hall 15a, a section man in Chemistry 1. Gingold sent in his jingle on October 1; Batten, Barton, Durstine, and Osborn, the Lucky Strike advertising agency, dispatched him a $28.00 check on October 20. Gingold violated no longstanding rule since he is a graduate student and does not come under "Regulations for Students in Harvard College."