Quintet Will Play 4 Midwest Teams During Vacation

Four mid-western teams will be the basketball team's opposition on this year's annual vacation jaunt.

Denison University in Granville, Ohio, will be the team's first opponent December 28. The next day the quintet will move still farther west to meet Chicago University. These two games will be the relatively soft part of the schedule.

Thereafter the team will play Bradley, an N.C.A.A. finalist last year, and Washington University of St. Louis, a particularly strong five.

The injuries which have plagued Norm Shepard's boys this season and which reached a nadir last night, when three out of the original five starters were unable to play, should be half mended by the time the squad takes to the road.

Dick Lionette and John Stevenson, who have been plagued by foot bruises, will almost surely be back in action. Jim Urdan, who came down with chicken pox yesterday, and Captain Ed Smith, a leg injury victim, will not be able to make the trip.

Denison will depend on the services of a six foot two senior, Bob Wright, and a high scoring sophomore, Jim Emanuelson, to make a game of it.

The Chicago game ought to be a breather. Thus far its squad has lost four games 70 to 33, 51 to 35, 57 to 55, and 69 to 49, against not particularly formidable opposition.

Bradley, on the other hand, has much the same team which coped some national honors last year.

Washington lost only six of 23 games last year and this year has already beaten Missouri, which earlier beat C.C.N.Y.