25 Major Colleges Enter Weekend Invitational Debate Tournament

Debaters from 25 colleges will participate in the fourth Annual National Invitational Debate Tourney tomorrow and Saturday at Boston University.

The topic for the debate is "Resolved: That basic non agricultural industries in the United States be nationalized," and each team will take both the affirmative and the negative at least once during the session.

Harvard is the only school to send two teams. Lloyd J. Walker '50 and Robert F. Kraiz '51 from one entry, and Richard W. Hulbert '51 and Richard S. Stewart '51 the other. The contests are arranged so that the two Crimson teams may meet only in the finals.

Among the competing teams "are Brooklyn, Dartmouth, Bowdoin, Denison, Georgetown, George Washington, McGill, New York University, Princeton, Prude, Rutgers, Suffolk, Wesleyan, and Yale. The Universities of North Carolina, Notre Dame, Pennsylvania, and Vermont, MIT, and the United States Military Academy will also send teams.

Every college will debate six times, and the four highest point scoring teams will go into the semi-finals. The winning team will be awarded a trophy and golden gavels at a dance Saturday evening.