Radcliffe Holds Four Lectures on Problems of Sex, Married Life

Radcliffe will stage a series of four lectures on the psychological and sociological aspects of marriage and sex during the next month.

The lecture series is sponsored by the Student Health Committee and the Dean of the College as a result of student opinion questionnaires circulated among girls last spring.

Although the lectures are primarily for Radcliffe students, men accompanied by Radcliffe students will be admitted. This reverses the policy followed two years ago, when men were barred from the series after 50 of them crashed the first session.

Speakers for the sessions, similar to the health series held two years ago, will be Doctors Thelma G. Alper and Dana L. Farnsworth.

Miss Alper, formerly a member of the Social Relations department at Harvard and now a member of the faculty of Clark University, will discuss adolescent psychology. She also gave the opening lecture of the series two years ago.

Farnsworth, formerly of Williams College, now medical director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, will speak on the problems of courtship and marriage.

Dr. Alper will give the first two lectures which will take place February 16 and 23, and Farnsworth will lecture on March 2 and March 9. All four programs will be held at 4 o'clock in the Alumnae Lecture Room of Long fellow Hall.

Each lecturer will speak for 45 minutes and then will answer written questions turned in by the audience.