Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Six Varsity Teams on Road Today; Quintet, Green Clash in League Tilt

Ulen's Men Given Nod Over Average Navy Swimming Outfit

In the normal course of events, Harvard should not lose to the Navy swimming team when the two schools go at it at 3:45 p.m. today in the Annapolis pool. Such a thing has happened only once since swimming coach Hal Ulen came to Cambridge 21 years ago.

No one seems to know just why the sailors, of all people, aren't capable of producing better than mediocre swimming teams, but the Middies usually finish around the middle of the Ivy League. So far this season they have beaten Penn and Columbia, lost to Dartmouth and Rutgers. The only mutual opponent here is Penn, which also lost to the Crimson.

Navy's best swimmer is a junior named Boots Johnson, a converted freestyler who now competes in the backstroke. He is reputedly the second best backstroker in the League. Racing against Johnson will be speedy John Steinhart and Tom Woods.

The Middies also have good men in Bobby Hogue, who swims in the 50-yard freestyle, and Ries, who goes in the 100 free.

Ulen and the same personnel who lost to Army almost a month ago left yesterday for New York. They will proceed from there to Baltimore.

This afternoon at 3:30 p.m. in the Blockhouse, the freshmen will try for their third straight victory. Boston University will supply the opposition.