Firms Begin Interviews, Screening Of Job Seekers from Class of '50

Business concerns from all over the country will begin interviewing prospective graduates beginning this week, the Office of Student Placement announced last night. The program of screening job applicants will run through May.

Placement Office officials urged that Seniors register with the Office so that proper liaison can be established between company-applicants and the Placement Office staff. Thus far few have contacted the Placement Office to receive advice in the technique of job seeking.

Approximately 100 companies, less than in the past five years, are expected to send representatives to interview job applicants here. Some companies which are spending less money on recruiting are not sending personnel men to colleges this year, the Placement Office said, and will expect job applicants to take the initiative in establishing contacts with firms.

Schedules of interviews and other information relating to the 1950 job picture will be posted on the Placement Office Bulletin Board and it is urged that job seekers check this board at least once each week.