Formal Practice For Soccer Team To Start in April

The first formal spring soccer practice since 1941 will start during the first week after spring vacation, Athletic Association officials announced yesterday.

Bruce Munro, varsity coach, will direct the sessions, which will be held on the rugby field from 2 to 3 p.m. every week-day.

"Spring practice," Munro said yesterday, "is a stop in the right direction. The full scale programs run by many of our Ivy League opponents have been one of our troubles," he added.

Thirty-five members of the varsity and freshman teams have agreed to participate in the workouts. According to William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, this turnout is the largest since before the war. "There seems to be more interest in soccer than ever before," Bingham said.

Beginning April 8, freshmen taking part in the spring soccer practice will receive regular physical training credits, Norman W. Fradd, assistant director of physical training, announced yesterday. Freshmen have received no credit for spring soccer in the past.

Because the HAA does not issue athletic equipment to participants in out-of-season sports, men playing soccer in the spring will have to provide their own clothing.