Deacons Take House Fencing Title; Matthews North Wins Yard Crown

Kirkland captured the championship of the three-day House fencing tournament yesterday afternoon in the Blockhouse on the strength of Larry Zeitlin's second place in the epee, although the Gold Coasters' Bob Oulmet took top honors for the day.

Earlier in the afternoon Ouimet outscored Stuart Falk of Kirkland House and Zeitlin beat Bob Nichol of Lowell House to gain their way into the finals.

The Deacons, who made only two points in the Monday afternoon foils matches, moved into the lead Tuesday when Wally Alwang wen saber, and finished the tournament with nine points.

Lowell Second

Lowell House, jumping to an early lead in foils Monday with Dick Kahn's first place, finished second with five points. Leverett, one point behind, took third place.

In the freshman matches at the IAB, Bill Soule won his third title in as many days for Matthews North, giving them the championship on a total of ten points. Chuck Cutler of Hollis, who took second in the foils, placed next to Soule in epee to put Hollis in second place with four points, while Stoughton and Straus North tied for third with three points each.