Radcliffe Choral Society, Glee Club Will Tour Northeast During Recess

Members of the Gloe Club and the Radcliffe Choral Society will sing with the Boston Symphony Orchestra and in four other cities during the first seven days of spring vacation This will be the first joint tour since the war.

The groups will sing the Shutz "St. John Passion" at Wellesley College's Alumni Hall on Saturday, April 1, and at the Washington Irving High School in Tarrytown, N. Y., on Sunday, April 2. On Monday, April 3, the Harvard Club of Philadelphia will sponsor the same concert at the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel. On the following day they will sing again in Times Hall in New York City for the Radcliffe Club Scholarship Fund.

Another Day, Another Passion

On April 5 the tour will return to Cambridge and practice Bach's "St. John Passion," a work which was composed 100 years after Shutz's opue. The groups will sing the Bach Passion with the Boston Symphony Orchestra on Friday and Saturday, April 7 and 8.

G. Wallace Wodworth '24, professor of Music, and William F. Russell 5G will conduct during the tour. 32 members of the Glee Club and soloists Paul Tibbetts '45, Robert S. Bockwith '52 and Robert J. Gartside, Jr. '50 will sing with 36 girls from the Radcliffe Choral Society. Howard M. Brown '51 will play the flute solo of the piece. The other accompanists will be Andrew McC. Heath '50, Robert G. Wolverton '53, and Richard L. Sogg '52.

The group will travel by bus and be put up in private homes by the sponsoring clubs in most of the cities.

The Shutz "St. John Passion" made up the first half of the annual Sanders Theatre Concert last Thursday and Friday. It will compose the major part of the concerts given on the mad tour.