The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Job Talk Speaker Praises Lobbying

Professional lobbying is a "respectable, skilled occupation," Norman MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Federation of Taxpayers, told a Career Conference in the Adams House Dining Room last night.

Emphasizing the need for lobbying today, MacDonald defined a lobbyist as "a special pleader." "A lobbyist," he said, "becomes one of the most important men around a legislative hall, because the legislators depend on him for accurate information on the question in which he is interested."

Third In Series

Two other speakers who addressed the meeting were Harold R. Bixler, Executive Vice-President of the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce, and Theodore E. Veltfort, Manager of the Copper and Brass Research Association. The forum was the third in a series sponsored by the Office of Student Placement.

Bixler discussed the functions of his organization. He stressed the services which Chambers of Commerce afford businessmen.

"Investigate any business before you go into it," Veltfort warned in defining the purposes and activities of trade organizations.