Fertilizer Factory Fumes Nauseate Nassau Nostrils

Princeton men will soon have to sprint to class if the 2500 cows on the nearby Walker-Gordon Milk Farm raise their output by much. The cows produce not only milk, but also the raw material for a large manure dehydration plant

First scent of the bovine enterprise was whiffed by Princeton men, and simultaneously by the staff of the Daily Princetonian. Proof that "Prince" staffers have a nose for news came when 30-odd barns were discovered not far from the Princeton campus, wherein the manure is mixed, heated, steamed, pulverized, and blasted.

The Princetonian didn't really have to mention the plant, since undergraduates guessed that it was there anyhow. On days when the wind is southeasterly, and the weather damp, Princeton men have found that a moist handkerchief over the nose is a distinct help in getting about.

Student interest in the olfactory phenomenon was sufficient to cause the Princetonian to send a man to the source of the news. He revealed to the anxious student body that after processing, the manure is packed by Walker-Gordon in 100-pound bags, cleverly labeled "Bovung," and shipped across the New Jersey countryside.

Odorless

For the carriage trade, the manure manufactory also puts up "Bovotto," which is hopefully described as "the new plant cosmetic." The finished product has no smell, presumably because the odor has all been waited two and a half miles to Princeton.

Processing consists of heating the manure up to 1900 degrees, mixing it with cocoa beaus and peanut shells, and grinding, 25 tons of bovnug are produced every day. Princeton men think that's a lot of it.