Lacrosse Team Is Favored to Win At Durham Today

By Bayley F. Mason

Most of the varsity lacrosse regulars will probably spend more time on the bench this afternoon than on the University of New Hampshire's Lewis Field. With the Crimson a heavy favorite to win its sixth game in eleven starts, Coach Bruce Munro plans to start eight reserves against the Wildcats.

Never a strong contender for league honors, Now Hampshire usually fields lacrosse teams with more drive than skill. This season has been no exception. The Wildcats bowed, 15 to 6, to a Springfield ten which the Crimson tied; they lost, 13 to 10, to a weaker Boston Lacrosse Club than the one which Harvard beat, 16 to 7. For its only major victory U.N.H. beat M.I.T., 11 to 9. The varsity pounded Tech, 18 to 5.

The Wildcats were mired further in their underdog position when first string midfielder Ted Stanley broke his jaw, and goalie Joel Stoneham sprained his ankle in the Springfield game.

"All Out" Against Indians

Munro said yesterday that his team "went all out" in its 11 to 8 loss to Dartmouth Saturday. But he felt that his team definitely faltered on its extra man plays, scoring during only two of the ten times the Indians had men in the penalty box. This weakness was largely corrected in workouts Monday and yesterday.

First stringer Jay Byrne will probably start on the defense with reserves Fred Chamberlin and Godfrey Birckhead. Reserve Pete Brooke will open at crease or in the starting fourth midfield. If Brooke plays midfield, Ned Yost will start as usual regular crease position.

Harvard

Attack: Otis, Brooke or Yost, Baldwin;

Defense: Chamberlin, Birckhead, Byrne; Midfield: Bender, Thayer, Brooke or Lynch; Goal: Thomas.

New Hampshire

Attack: Wadleigh, Sanborn, Allen; Defense: Nixon (C), Harwood, Tucker; Midfield: Morrison, Clark, Chandler; Goal: Andrews.