HLU, HYRC Will Cooperate to Run Political Forums

The Liberal Union and the Young Republican Club will cooperate in the presentation of joint forums which will "see that all sides of vital issues are presented to Harvard students," Gordon L. Poole '49 1L, H.Y.R.C. president, announced last night.

The plan is an outgrowth of an invitation issued by the Republicans to the H.L.U. last week which called for the appearance of Republican and Democratic speakers on the same platform to debate controversial issues.

The original invitation stated that the H.Y.R.C. "sympathized with . . . any reluctance (the H.L.U.) might have to seeing (its) self-styled 'liberal' program tested in debate." Donald W. Dowd '51 replied that the Republican and Liberal points of view were contrasted in 1932, '36, '40, '44, and '48, and another contrast would prove "equally educational."

The committee which will schedule and administrate the forums consists of Earl M. Kulp '52, William H. Gribble '51 and Kingsley H. Murphy '52 of the H.Y.R.C. and Richard K. Berg '51, Donald W. Dowd '51, and John White '52 of the Liberal Union.