Eli Crews Sweep EARC 150-Pound Three-Race Meet

Yale's 150-pound crews proved their superiority again Saturday afternoon by sweeping the three-race Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges fifth annual 150-pound championship regatta over the Henley course on the Charles. The Crimson rowers were never in the running in any of the races.

In the varsity race, postponed three hours, Yale edged Cornell by a third of a length in 6:5.0 to win the Joseph Wright Trophy. Rowing a steady 36 throughout the race, the Elis traded leads with Pennsylvania until the last quarter mile when a Quaker oarsman caught a crab at the same time Yale upped the stroke to 40.

The Crimson varsity started slowly and could never quite make up-the difference, finishing fourth, in 7:01.4. Princeton, Columbia, and M.I.T. finished behind Harvard.

The Crimson junior varsity finished third behind Yale and Princeton, a length and a half behind the winners. Yale's time was 6:59.2. Penn was fourth, M.I.T. fifth, the "Nine Old Men" of the Crimson third varsity sixth, and Cornell last.

Yale had the freshman race won from the start. The Elis, rowing a 34 during the body of the race, defeated Columbia by a little over a length in 7:03.6. Princeton, Cornell, M.I.T., Harvard, and Penn finished in that order behind the Lions.