Godin Faces Purple Nine In Worcester Tilt Today

Still glowing in its new found power, the varsity baseball team will be after its fourth consecutive victory-the second of the season against Holy Cross this afternoon when it travels to Worcester to meet the Crusaders.

Jack Barry's charges have improved considerably since the mid-April day when Barry Turner whipped them, 5 to 4. Included in their list of victories are impressive decisions over Dartmouth, Yale, and Syracuse.

Although the first-Crimson victory was well deserved, the appearance of big Matt Formen on the hill this afternoon may even up the odds. Formon hadn't had enough practice to start against the Crimson last time, because of the late ending of the Holy Cross basketball season.

Shutout Yale

The ace of Barry's staff since the joined it two years ago, the right hander beat the Crimson twice last year, and his sixhit shutout performances against the Elis a couple of weeks ago indicates that he hasn't lost any of his form. Formon pitched three innings against the Braves in an exhibition games Monday and performed creditably.

Stuffy McInnis has done a lot with his material, too. The infield, shaky in its earlier starts, has turned in a couple of fine games, although it has not yet reached a point where it can do so consistently.

The greatest improvement has come in the batting and base-running departments. Against Pennsylvania on Monday, every starter except Turner got at least one hit, and six men combined to compile a total of 14 safeties.

Ira God in, the right hander who will oppose Formon, has also improved through the season. God in was bothered with a sore arm when the season opened and it wasn't until the weather warned up that he reached peak form.

Ralph Robinson, the only variable in McInnis' lineup, will start in right field because of the right handed pitcher.