Thornhill Will Play for '50 Spread; Sail Down Harbor Open to Guests

The 1950 Class Day Committee has signed Claude Thornhill to play at the formal. Senior Spread on June 19 at Lowell House.

David I. Coombs '50, chairman of the committee, disclosed yesterday that Thornhill, who played at last year's Senior Spread, will bring to Cambridge his 16-piece dance orchestra, three vocalists, and the "Snowflakes," a song team.

Simultaneously, Coombs announced that more than a thousand caps and gowns have been reserved by seniors at J. August and the Coop. Both stores are still taking orders.

In an attempt to scotch rumors that parents and friends of seniors will be unwelcome on the Class Moonlight Cruise June 20, Coombs declared, "The committee had visiting parents particularly in mind when it scheduled the cruise. We wanted to have a type of entertainment that seniors, their dates, and those visiting them from home could attend, since most of the Class Week activities are for seniors, or for seniors and dates only."

He said a large number of men have already purchased cruise tickets for their families and that the sale of tickets for other Class Week functions is "going extremely well."

Until next Monday tickets will be sold at a booth in Lamont Library. Mail purchases will continue after that date.

The Senior Spread, high-point of Class Week social activities, will last from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.-with a break for a midnight supper. There will be dancing on platforms in Lowell Courtyard and in the dining hall.