'53 Track Squad Meets Green at Dartmouth Today

Evenly-matched freshman track teams will meet today at Hanover as the Crimson '53 squad encounters the Dartmouth yearlings. Last week the Harvard freshmen beat Exeter 88 1-3 to 37 2-3; two weeks ago Dartmouth, in their only outdoor meet this year, beat the Exonians 83 to 43 2-3.

Pete Curran will have a slight edge over the Green's Jhn Robinson in the 100 yard dash. Curran won the 100 in 10.6 against Rhode Island State, while Robinson who won the same event in 10.7 at Exeter. Gill Schiff should have an easier time in the 220, since he has been turning in 23.1 wins as opposed to Dick Goodman's 23.6 at Exeter.

Dartmouth has a strong 440 entry--Dick O'Conner, Al Davis, and John Sargent placed one-two-three against Exeter. The winning time was 55.3. Tom Kelly is their best man in the 880 and mile--he won both at Exeter, with times of 2.06 and 4.42. Kelly's 880 performance should put him about even with the Crimson's Jim Little, while his mile time is better than that of Paul Judy.

Dartmouth is weak in the hurdles, one of the Crimson's strongest events. John Ederer, free from spring football, will give his teammate Bob Twitchell a good run in the 120 highs. Twitchell has slightly better times than Dartmouth's Don McMichael in the 220 lows.

Led by Captain Bob Mello, the Crimson field events men should pull away from a mediocre home squad.