Rejuvenated Baseball Team Faces Tufts, District 1 N.C.A.A. Champion

Lack of Practice May Harm Fast-Improving Crimson Varsity Nine

Tufts has completed its regular baseball season with a record of 16 wins and four losses. Nothing remains for them except the N.C.A.A. championships and a practice game with the Crimson which will be held tomorrow at 3 p.m. on Soldiers Field.

The Tufts record is its best since 1922 when it won six more while losing the same number. The Crimson just broke over the 500 mark in its last game when it defeated Holy Cross and thereby established a six and five balance. By all rights, Tufts should rule as the favorite, the heavy favorite.

The Other Side

But there are a few other facts about the Crimson team which may up its stock. It has won its last three games easily, and has taken five out of the last six games, all on the road.

Ira Godin, who started the season badly, has regained his last season form, having taken two league games without any setbacks. Barry Turner has improved considerably to the point where Coach McInnis can now rotate his two man staff easily. The one Crimson weakness, and the one which was responsible for the great number of its defeats, the lack of adequate mound strength for relief purposes, has been solved by the appearance of Cliff Crosby on the hill in tough spots.

Both fielding and batting have improved. Captain John Caulfield and Eddie Foynes are now high on the list of batters in the Ivy League, having developed quickly after the season had gotten well under way.

All those facts indicate that the Crimson, which lost games to Boston college and Boston University early in the season, is vastly improved. These early losses were the ones that eliminated the varsity from consideration for the N.S.A.A. District One bid and the games that it will try to retaliate for tomorrow.

With three regularly scheduled games to go, McInnis plans to use both Godin and Turner, the right hander for the first four innings and the southpaw to finish.

The Harvard lineup: Foynes, cf; Caulfield, 1b; White, ss; Crosby, c; Akillian, lf; Robinson, rf; Huntington, 3b; Cavanaugh, 2b; Godin and Turner, p.