Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Alumni Give $1000 for 'A' Squash Team

A gift of $1,000 by "a group of alumni and interested parties" will enable the first five men on the varsity squash team to go as a team to the Nationals in Chicago in February, Coach Jack Barnaby said yesterday.

Barnaby also disclosed that Captain Henry Foster, Charlie Ufford, and Dave Watts will compete in the Harry Cowles Invitation Tournament in New York this weekend. Cowles was varsity squash coach until 1937, when ill health forced him to resign. Foster will play in the 'A' division of the Cowles tournament, an unusual honor for an undergraduate.

The varsity earned the alumni's support by its excellent showing so far this season, sweeping all six of its intercollegiate contests and losing only three individual matches. Barnaby, in behalf of the team, said he was "very grateful for the alumni's generosity," and stated that he believed the Crimson "stands a chance" in the tournament, which includes teams made up of the top players from several different cities.

The Crimson, the only college team over to win the National team crown, has turned the trick five times. Its last title came in 1932, when Coach Barnaby was playing number three. Beekman Pool, top man on the '32 varsity, won the singles crown in the same tournament, giving the Crimson both the National team and individual titles the same year. The '50 varsity was eliminated in the semi-finals, played in New York.