Booters Tie Springfield, 0-0; Craven Stars; Attack Weak

The varsity soccer team seems to have formed a habit. At Springfield College on Saturday the Crimson booters played through their second consecutive double-overtime 0 to 0 tie. In retaining their 500 average, Bruce Munro's men extended their string of unscored on soccer to five hours and two minutes.

The Crimson never could have done it, either, but for the remarkable play of Captain Dick Craven in the goal. Craven made21 saves, one of which came in the second overtime period and was "the most spectacular save" Munro had ever seen.

On this play Springfield right wing Johnny Adams came in on Craven on the left corner of the goal, and passed the ball on a line across the goalmouth to center forward Zack Marshall, who slammedit into the other corner. Craven had lunged for Adams, but he changed direction and manageed to bat Marshall's shot out. Springfield took 38 shots in all, though some went over or wide of the uprights.

Finisher Still Needed

In contrast. Harvard took only eight shots in the entire game. The Crimson has been held scoreless now for three hours and 23 minutes of play. Munro shook up the front line and put Frank Davies at center forward in an effort to find a scoring punch, but the Crimson took fewer shots than ever against a good defense. Springfield left halfback Charlie Butt completely bottled up the right side of the Harvard forward line, which is usually the strongest. Berk Johnson came closest to scoring in the final overtime, but the goalie tackled him before he could shoot.

In the first half. Springfield ran circles around the Crimson. The Springfield forwards easily got around both the half and fullbacks, playing a long-kicking, hit and run game. In the second half, however, fullback Charlie Ufford was able to get control of the ball, and the game was more even.