Board Votes To Continue Draft Grading

Registrar Also Reveals That B--Average Will Place a Man In Upper Half of His Class

The University will continue its policy this year of giving cumulative credits to students who leave College during the school year for the armed forces, the Registrar's Office announced yesterday. At the same time, the Registrar said that a B-average student would get into the upper half of the class.

The policy of granting full academic credit (based on work up to the time of departure) to students leaving the College was established last year by vote of the Administrative Board. On Tuesday, the Administrative Board voted to continue this plan.

Class system is based on a system by which an A counts 1, B counts 2, C Counts 3, D counts 4, and E counts 5, A B- is the equivalent of 2.333. During final examinations last year, the freshman class scored 2.416, sophomores, 2.475, juniors, 2.375, and seniors, 2.208.

Cumulative credit will cover work either for the half or full year. However, if a student withdraws before the end of the tenth week of the college term, he will get no academic credit.

The Administrative Board also decided to refund tuition to any student who departs within 10 weeks and to charge room rent only for the number of weeks that the student attended college.

No student will be granted term credit who leaves without giving evidence that he has been ordered to active duty, unless he takes his final examinations.