Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Lowell Institute's WGBH Takes Air

Tonight at 8:30 Frequency Modulation station WGBH will make its premier with the first full-length live performance of the Boston Symphony Orchestra since 1926.

This station is the latest in the Lowell Institute Cooperative Broadcasting Council's adult education projects, and will present everything from Shakespeare to advice on baby care. Programs start at 3 p.m. and last until 10 p.m. Included will be recordings of courses made in classrooms of member colleges and universities--B.C., B.U., M.I.T., Harvard, Northeastern, and Tufts.

Entirely non-commercial, WGBH will be supported by the six Greater Boston colleges and universities, as well as the Lowell Institute of Boston and the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Offices and studios donated by the B.S.O.

Professor E. H. Armstrong of Columbia, the inventor of F.M., gave the Lowell Broadcasting Council its three kilowatt transmitter.