And Still More Gifts

As a special feature for quite special people, SHREVE'S in Boston offers this cellophane tape dispenser. It serves a three-way purpose: keeping rape at your fingertips so that it's handy when a paper rips or an envelope won't stick; acting as a paper weight; and giving your desk the distinguished air of a place where things get done well, quickly, and in style.

The dispenser is golden metal with a tooled leather strip in dark colors around the middle. Price, $5.00.

Novelty is the theme of Christmas this year. With the machine-age in high gear today, novelties are not unusual, but the latest offering of the BAY STATE JEWELERS on the second floor of 8 Boylston Street bids fair to top them all.

This gift has an all day use. In the evening for parties, it pops corn. In the morning, it poaches eggs. It can also boil tea, cook soup, and keep hot buttered rum and toddies warm. This only suggests its manifold uses--heating the baby's bottle is another--which will come to the resourceful recipient. Regularly priced at $6.75, it is going for $5.75 at Bay State.

Ceramics always make a distinctive gift, but hand-made ceramics by New York's Iona Deur are also true pieces of art. Each object is done individually to order. You may have someone's initials, a portrait of a pet, or an illustration of a hobby put on any piece.

DIANA-CHRISTINE, 44 Brattle Street, features these unusual ceramics. Rings are $4.50, earrings, $5.00 a pair, and cuff links, $3.00 a pair.