Anna Strong Will Talk on China in Emerson D Today

Anna Louise Strong, friend of Mao Tse-Tung and translator of his works, will speak in Emerson D at 4 p.m. this afternoon on "China Conquers China." Miss Strong left China in late 1948 when Mao asked her to explain the nature of the "New China" to the world. The talk is being sponsored by the Harvard Young Progressive.

The State Department, Miss Strong has said, knew that the Communists were the strongest and most popular force in China when it published its White Paper, but did not reveal it for political reasons.

Miss Strong went to China in 1945. For the next two years she lived in the then Communist capital of Yenan. She made a nine months' tour of Communist conquered territory before leaving China.

In 1949 she tried to reach China through Russia, where she has spent part of 30 years. Denouncing her as "an enemy of the people" and "an agent of a foreign power," the Russians expelled her from the country. She now lives in Los Angeles, where she edits "Today," a news letter on Communist China.