Zoll, Bundy, McWilliams to Debate Academic Freedoms

Allen A. Zoll, Executive Vice-President of the National Council for American Education and publisher of the "Reducator Lists," will be the featured speaker at this evening's Law School Forum. The debate will take place in Langdell Courtroom at 8:00 p.m.

Arguing with Zoll will be Cary McWilliams, associate editor of the Nation, and McGeorge Bundy, associate professor of Government. Robert-Braucher, visiting professor of Law, will moderate.

Zoll, a Law School student in 1920, claims that he is "trying to drive the Communists and Socialists out of American universities, and I suppose there's quite a field of them down at Harvard."

His "Reducators at Harvard" last year fell into the hands of City Councilman John D. Lynch who tried to get the City Council to pass a Communist Control Bill in Cambridge. The bill was blocked by the City Solicitor, who claimed that false accusations would prove to be libelous.

McWilliams is the winner of two Guggenheim fellowships for creative writing. He has written many works on antisemitism, and his book, "A Mask for Privilege" deals with the growth of "isms" in America.

Bundy has recently completed a book on the letters of Henry Stimson and is in the process of writing a biography of Secretary of State Dean Acheson.