Crime Spring Comp Opens Tonight

Cambridge will be visited tonight by one of the world's most celebrated sounds--a sound which millions of ears strain daily to hear. It is the sound of opportunity knocking.

This elusive thump will be heard at 7:30 p.m. as the CRIMSON opens its spring competition with free beer for all comers. Places are open on all boards--News, Business, Editorial, and Photography--for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.

A Radcliffe competition will be announced shortly. All comps last about ten weeks.

News Board

Candidates for the News Board gain reporting experience in the College's only school of journalism. They will meet visiting and local celebrities, and get a chance to improve their writing as they broaden their knowledge of the University.

Business Board

If you've always had a secret hankering to have a private secretary, the Business Board is the place for you. In addition, there is training in the operation of a $100,000-a-year business. During a Business Board competition, candidates will learn selling, advertising, and publishing techniques.

Editorial Board

The Editorial Board enables you to shape the news before it happens. Besides a chance to influence public opinion and help set CRIMSON editorial policy, there is training in feature writing and in reviewing plays, movies, and books. This board, like the news board, is a valuable place to improve your writing.

Photo Board

Complete, modern equipment makes the Photo Board an ideal training ground for camera fanciers. Experience can be gained in elementary and advanced darkroom technique, use of press cameras and electronic speedlighting, perivaiture, and photo-engraving. If you have no press camera of your own, the CRIMSON will supply one.