Elis Top Crimson Track Men, 59-50

NEW HAVEN, Feb. 17--Yale's track team this afternoon took its fourth indoor meet from Harvard in as many years. The score was 59 to 50.

Eli Dick MacDougal fumbled the baton in the mile relay to lose a 20-yard lead and the race, and forced the result of the meet of depend upon the final event --the two-mile relay. But a strong Blue quartet took this easily in 8:08.8.

The Crimson in turn had its bad luck when Ronnie Berman, running a halfstride ahead of Yale's Rollie Sultze in the 600, tripped and fell at the finish line while Sultze broke the tape in a new Coxe Cage and meet record time of 1:12.7. Dave Cairns ran a fine 4:20.6 mile to lead outstanding Elis Ed Mearns and Frank Efinger all the way.

Dick Weiskopf outstepped the Elis' George Ellis in 6.4 in the 60-yard dash, and Dick Barwise's 6 feet, 1 3/4 inches in the high jump was good enough to top Elis John and George Hipple. Jerry Kanter put the shot 47 feet, 4 1/8 inches to defeat Yale football captain Bob Spears in that event, and Al Wilson took the only other Harvard first, in the 35-pound weight with a heave of 55 feet, 5/8 inches.