Six Dumps Dartmouth, 6-1, As White Scores Two Goals

By Hiller B. Zobel

The hockey team's passing last night was as sharp as John White's shooting eye, and the pleasing result was a 6 to 1 win over Dartmouth at the Arena. The victory was Coach Cooney Weiland's first in the Pentagonal League.

Defenseman White, the ex-center who stickhandles as though he were still a forward, notched two goals and an assist to pace the Crimson. He finished off a fine pass play by Amory Hubbard and Bob DiBlasio to open the scoring and later added a clinching goal, after carrying the puck through and around the Dartmouth defense.

Dartmouth, meanwhile, had tied the score just before the first period ended, when Captain Cliff Harrison sank a long shot after stealing the puck at center ice. The Green was playing one man down at the time.

But with the start of the second period, the Crimson took command of the game permanently. The accuracy of the passes, even the long ones, was the best of the season, and the defense had little trouble coping with the tired Indian forwards.

Joe Kittredge batted in Captain Lew Preston's rebound for the winning point at 7:43, and Morgie Hatch slipped in a soft screen shot at 16:54.

The Crimson controlled the third period even more effectively. After White's second goal at 1:22, Hal Marshall lined a fast drive into the top of the cage at 7:00. Then, shortly before the end, White advanced the rubber to Walt Greeley. Greeley skated down the right boards, drawing the defense over before sending a long pass across to Hubbard for the last goal.

HARVARD (6): Corning, g; Burke, rd; White, ld; Kittredge, c; Marshall, rw; Preston (C), lw.

DARTMOUTH (1): Hitt, g, Brower, rd; Grocutt, ld; Harrison (C), c; Scully, rw; Dow, lw.

First period: White (H) (Hubbard, DiBlasio), 3:18; Harrison (D) (unassisted), 18:25.

Second period: Kittredge (H) (Preston), 7:43; Hatch (H) (Greeley), 16:54.

Third period: White (H) (unassisted), 1:22; Marshall (H) (Kittredge), 7:00; Hubbard (H) (Greeley, White), 18:39.