Students Discuss Council Reports On New Theater

Students interested in the proposed College theatre met last night to plan a Student Council report on the need for such a project.

Representatives of the Theatre Group, Dramatic Club, Playwrights' Group, Idler Players, Ivy Films, radio stations WHRB and WRRB, and the Radcliffe Dance Group were present at the meeting.

From these groups a steering committee of five persons will form the nucleus of an investigating committee; their final report will go to the Council and the administration.

The five persons of the steering committee have not yet been chosen. Work on the report will probably begin within the next week, though, to finish it by June.

All phases of the "public arts" in the University will be investigated in the report. It will outline the difficulties that the theatre organizations encounter and tell why the community as a whole benefits when the difficulties are removed.

The investigating committee hopes to work with faculty members who are interested in the theatre. They will help guide the group toward the phases of the "public arts" which should receive particular attention.