Unbeaten Columbia Meets Quintet in I.A.B. Tonight

Columbia, the only major undefeated basketball team left in the nation, enters the Indoor Athletic Building at 8:30 p.m. tonight to engage an improving Crimson quintet. There will be no freshman game.

Crimson Coach Norm Shepard will open with the same lineup that started against B.U. last Saturday. Against Columbia, however, Shepard expects to substitute more freely.

Columbia's power lies in the fact that four of the five starters are fine shots, thus spreading the scoring threat evenly. Captain John Azary is one of the more poised ballplayers in the East, and a fine defensive player. Sophomore Jack Molines is six feet four--the tallest starter--and leads the squad in scoring.

Bob Reiss and Tom Powers, both over six two, are the other sharp-shooters. Al Stein, at five eleven, the smallest starter, is a cool playmaker. Besides the starting five, there are two other consistent scorers who spend most of their time on the bench--Frank Lewis and Bob Sullivan. Lewis in six five, and Sullivan scored the basket which beat Princeton.

Princeton and Penn are the only two opponents common to both teams so far this year. Columbia beat Princeton by one basket, while the Crimson lost to the Tigers by the same margin. Penn, which lost to Columbia by almost 20 points, beat the Crimson, 61 to 47.

Harvard lineup: Gabler, Smith (c) forwards; Murphy, Hickey guards; Stevenson center.

Columbia lineup: Azary (c), Reiss forwards; Powers, Stein guards; Molinas center.