Annex Names Six to Review Press Policies

A committee to "review the appointment, functioning, and responsibility of the Radcliffe Press Board" was announced last night by President W. K. Jordan.

Committee members, who met for the first time yesterday, will turn in recommendations to Jordan this spring. Radcliffe's chapter of Students for Democratic Action called for a review of the Press Board following the Labenow case in December.

Members of the committee include Dean Wilma Kerby-Miller, Radcliffe Dean of Instruction, chairman; Miss Joan Projansky '49, Director of Publicity, secretary; Arthur M. Schlesinger, Francis Leo Higginson Professor of History; Louis M. Lyons, Curator of the Nieman Fellowships; Miss Judith Illsley '51; and Miss Georgianno Davis '51.

Miss Illsley, a columnist for the Radcliffe News, served on the staffs of the University of California Daily and the Los Angeles Times. Miss Davis, former Radcliffe Bureau Chief of the CRIMSON, has been a member of the Press Board for two years and has also been on the staff of the Indianapolis News.

Last fall, R. Deborah Labenow '51 was asked to resign from the press board for reporting "detrimental to the best interests of Radcliffe."