Mr. Deeds in a Dust Bowl

A plethora of education confronts the local resident. From 500 courses each term he must choose four. Exhausted by study card decisions, he looks to the inner world of extra-curricula for relief. There too he is bamboozled by conflicting attractions.

The vast network of extra-curricular organizations is eager to snatch his fare or his interest, and concomitantly. On any one evening there may be several events tugging at his libido.

This spring will be no exception. The movies are an example. Ivy Films and the Harvard Liberal Union have both scheduled appealing film series, and in not less than five cases the scheduling conflicts. On April 10, for instance, the HLU promises "The Grapes of Wrath" and the Ivy Group, "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town."

There is an easy way to duck out of this dilemma. In conjunction with the Student Council, organizations might establish a scheduling bureau where organizations could list planned events and which all organizations could consult before scheduling. Mr. Deeds, after all, shouldn't have to compete with Tom Joad.