Law School May Accept 800 Men, End Up With 400

Although the Law School may accept a record number of 800 applicants for next fall, enrollment could drop 125 below the usual 525-man class, Director of Admissions Louis A. Toepfer predicted yesterday.

Despite the prospect of a large drop in the student body due to military service. Toepfer stressed that admissions standards have not changed, and that women and 4F's will be required to meet the same standards as other applicants.

The only departure from the usual admissions pattern may come this summer. Normally, the new class is fully enrolled by June 1, and summer acceptances are made only to fill vacancies. But in the coming months. Toepfer anticipates that enough men will cancel their acceptances to necessitate accepting a greater number of men than usual this summer.

Over 250 students have already received acceptances, which is normal for this time of year. The usual three out of four Harvard applicants are still being taken, Toepfer said.

Since admissions close May 1 and there is another Law aptitude test on April 28. Toepfer warned that the size of next year's class is still indefinite.