Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Former Harvard President Bacow, Maria Ressa to Receive Honorary Degrees at Commencement

‘A’ Game: How Harvard Recruits its Student-Athletes

Interim Harvard President Alan Garber Takes the Political Battle to Washington

Annex Council Passes Compromise Election Law With One Dissent

The Radcliffe Student Council adopted the compromise eligibility amendment with only one abstaining vote yesterday afternoon. A Committee representing opposing factions in the Council drafted the compromise last night.

The amendment provides that students running for offices elected by the entire student body must he in Group V or above, with no exceptions. Students below Group V, however, may run for offices not elected by the whole college, if they get permission from the Dean.

Included in the first group of students is the Chairman of the Board of Hall Presidents. Although the Chairman is elected only by members of the Board, the Council felt this position is so time consuming as to require a student not under academic pressure.

By-Laws Ambiguous

Previously, the by-laws on eligibility were ambiguous. The stated that students in Group V or above could run for office, but did not exclude students below this group. The Council had the power to make exceptions to the academic standard, and theoretically, could forbid students in Group V or above to run.