Berry Discusses Medicine Tonight At Career Forum

Three Medical School faculty members and one from B.U. will discuss medicine as a career at 8 p.m. tonight in the Winthrop House Junior Common Room.

The panel for this discussion will include three deans. Dr. George P. Berry, Dean of the Medical School, will moderate the discussion, while Dr. James M. Faulkner '20, dean of the School of Medicine at B.U., will speak on graduate schools for doctors.

Dr. Reginald Fitz '06, assistant dean of the Medical School, will discuss medical practice in general. Lastly, Dr. Oliver Cope '25, associate professor of Surgery, will explain what a surgeon's job entails.

The Office of Student Placement, which is sponsoring this as the last program in its Conference on Careers, expects a large crowd. Seven earlier conferences have attracted about 700 students altogether.

Office Reveals Survey

The office also revealed yesterday the results of a survey it made on what careers seniors intend to follow after graduation. The poll, which was made at spring registration, shows that law is the top choice of the class of '51, followed by medicine. Of 1,018 seniors who were asked, 753 returned their questionnaires, and 108 of the indicated that they wanted to be lawyers. Both professions rank ahead of manufacturing and production, which top the list of non-professional jobs.

A similar survey made in 1949 listed teaching as the top choice of that year's graduating class. Law, medicine, and business followed in that order. No poll was taken last year